Minutes of Pebmarsh Parish Council held onMonday 23 July 2007 in the village hall at 7.30 pm
Present: Clr J Burlo (Chairman) Visitors: Clr T Newman (Vice Chairman) Moira Groborz, Rural Housing Enabler Clr S Rawlinson Philip Merton, Iceni LtdClr H Anderson Clr D FinchMrs J Race (Clerk) 4 parishioners
1. Declarations of interest – new form completed by all councillors. Forms to be sent by Clerk to BDC.
2. Apologies for absence – Clr D McGovern, A Shelton (BDC)
3. Minutes of meeting held on 18 June 2007 and planning meeting 18 July 2007 were circulated, read, agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
4. Matters Arising4.1. Bank Mandate form – signed by all Councillors4.2. Planings at the recycling site – Chairman J Burlo arranging4.3. Parish Council insurance premiums – Clr D Finch, ECC explained information due to be sent out re a County brokerage scheme out where Parish Councils could benefit from a 10-15% reduction.4.4. Path leading from village hall towards the church – Chairman J Burlo explained problems and visited site with Clr D Finch, ECC. Request made by the Councillors to level, widen and repair the path – Clr D Finch to pass on to Highways Department.
5. Affordable Housing – Chairman J Burlo welcomed Moira Groborz, Rural Housing Enabler and Philip Merton, Iceni Ltd to the meeting. 5.1. Housing list indicating Pebmarsh as their choice: there are currently 25 applicants, 5 live in Pebmarsh, 3 used to live in the village, 2 need to move back for family support. No information is available of the remaining 15 on the list. Housing Association to re-visit interested applications. Parish Council to look at housing list to ascertain firm Pebmarsh connections. 5.2. Revised plan was displayed and explained by Mr Merton from Iceni Ltd. Changes are: No of housing 10 (not 8), increase car parking spaces to 21, lower ridge height by 2 ft to minimise visual impact on surrounding houses, low level lighting, minimise hard landscape to hedging, chain link fencing between properties, increase planting. The Parish Council suggested natural colour rendering of houses and natural hedging boundary around development. M Grobortz, Enabler, to provide information of new scheme working in
6. Finance 6.1. Bank mandatory form signed by all Councillors 6.2. Insurance – Clr H Anderson has looked at current policy and confirmed current Public Liability and Employee covers voluntary workers/work to carry out tasks such as grass cutting, general repair work to public areas whilst using own, hired or borrowed equipment and tools.6.3. Financial report was circulated showing a balance of £3,977.81. £110.45 received from ECC re verge cutting grant after June accounts completed.6.4. Cheques approved for payment: Cheque No. 578 £48.43 Just Lamps, replacement light “ 579 £165.36 e-on Energy, street lighting electricity “ 580 £429.15 Mrs J Race,(Clerk’s Salary £386.25, exp £42.90 April-June) “ 581 £233.97 BDC, election costs “ 582 £270.00 Mark A Smith, grass cutting 20/5, 2/6, 20/6
7. District & County report 7.1. District report – none7.2. County report – Clr D Finch, ECC reported a public meeting with attendance by Chief Constable re policing in the rural areas is being arranged. Statistics being compiled from results taken from survey conducted during the year. County tax set lower than previous year by efficient programme to cut down on inefficiencies that saved £34 million. £3.9 million being set aside for bridle ways and footpaths. As Post Office closures continue ECC to consider giving relief in some areas such as business rates. Trading Standards have been working on weight restrictions primarily in Witham and
7.3. Planning – none
8. Reports from Representatives8.1. Street Lighting – Clr S Rawlinson reported villager (husband) has volunteered to repair and replace street light glass, and paint where needed in existing colour.8.2. Bus Shelters – Clr S Rawlinson reported persistent vandalisation of bus shelter. It was agreed to send formal letters – Clr H Anderson to deal with.8.3. Playing field – Clr S Rawlinson to contact Clr D McGovern re bark prices
9. Correspondence9.1. Community Warden’s report – 1 litter, contact with community group, 1 public relations9.2. VHMC offered to pay 1/3rd towards cost of equipment hire to carry out re-surfacing of the car park
10. Public comments
11. Any other business – Clr S Rawlinson asked for an additional Councillor to read CCTV footage – Clr T Newman offered and name to be added to list of authorised personnel.
12. Date of next meeting: Monday 1 October 2007
Meeting closed at 9.45 pm