The Water Lane Affordable Housing Scheme was granted planning permission at the BDC planning meeting held on Wednesday evening 7th November 2007 at Causeway House Council Offices, Braintree. 16 councillors voted. 12 votes for and 2 abstentions. No members of the public chose to speak at the planning meeting.
Permission was granted for the new designs subject to several terms and conditions being met some of which were:
- Affordable Rented housing that is available to rent at an affordable rent only by an eligible person via the medium of a Registered Social Landlord and which housing remains permanently accessible for those purposes to people who for any reason can not afford to rent or purchase suitable accommodation at prevailing market prices.
- Eligible person means a person in a housing need with a Local connection.
The approved planning application now provides:
- Reduced light Pollution – No street lighting but front door lighting instead
- On site parking up from the original 17 spaces to 23 spaces.
- Play Equipment donation/contribution to the Parish/Village.
- The contractor/sub contractors to comply with the ‘Considerate Contractor Code of practice’ on construction activities within or adjoining the site.
- Maintain open spaces on the site at their expense.