OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD 19 SEPTEMBER 2011
Present: In attendance:
Cllr J Burlo Mrs P Potter (Clerk) Cllr H Anderson 2 members of the public
Cllr J Holder
Cllr J Tufnell
Cllr S Nott
1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from District Cllr Anthony Shelton and County Cllr David Finch.
2. Minutes of the Previous Meeting Held 18 July 2011
The minutes were agreed as a true record and signed accordingly.
3. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Anderson declared a personal interest in item 6.1 as a neighbour of the applicant.
4. Public Forum
It was reported that there have been a spate of burglaries in Cross End, with items being taken from sheds and cars. There are further details on the Parish Council website.
The Pebmarsh Conservation Area Appraisal was discussed at a recent BDC Planning Committee, which was held at their Witham offices due to refurbishment work at Causeway House. The Appraisal has been taken back to be revised again, following suggested revisions at the meeting and will be presented again at a future date.
It was reported that the fence around the playground needs some attention – this will be looked at as soon as possible.
5. District and County Items
5.1 BDC Issues
5.2 ECC Issues
6. BDC Planning Issues
6.1 Planning Application
11/00245/TPO: Willow Cottage, Mill Lane – Notice of intent to carry out works to tree in a Conservation Area – Fell 1 Willow tree. It was agreed not to comment on this application.
6.2 Planning Results
The following application was granted – this was noted by the Council.
- 11/00813/FUL: Broomhills, Catley Cross – Erection of temporary agricultural worker’s dwelling.
6.3 Planning Committee
The following application was received between meetings. It was noted that it was agreed to comment that the extension be kept to a reasonable size and that conditions be placed on any permission with regard to hours of work, parking and vehicular movements:
- 11/01052/FUL: Hurstcote, Cross End – Erection of single storey rear extension and alterations including conversion of existing garage to accommodation.
6.4 Planning Committee Policy
It was agreed that the Parish Council’s policy when commenting on either new builds or major works, will be to ask for conditions relating to hours of work and the parking of vehicles, to help ease the disruption to neighbouring residents.
6.5 Unauthorised Traveller Encampments
The Parish Council received information from BDC regarding the procedures relating to unauthorised traveller encampments.
6.6 National Planning Policy Framework Consultation
The Clerk will circulate the above consultation to the Council.
7. Reports from Representatives
To receive any reports from representatives:
- Playing fields/playground/bus shelter: The RoSPA Inspection will take place sometime this month. The fence will be checked by Cllrs Burlo and Nott.
- Village Hall – all very healthy with bookings going well. It was agreed that Cllr Tufnell and Cllr Nott need a Village Hall key, in their roles as emergency planning representatives.
- Street Lighting – Nothing to report.
- Footpaths – The first cut has been done but it is not certain when the second is due.
- Legal – Street Lighting Contract Renewal: this has been returned to A&J Lighting with one of the clauses altered, regarding the amount which would be payable by the Council on early termination of the contract being pro rata.
8. Neighbourhood Watch Co-Ordinator
The current co-ordinator is giving up this role. Cllr Burlo will advertise this via the website and noticeboards.
9. BDC Green Heart of Essex – Jubilee Oak Project
The application form for this project will be returned to BDC with the memorial green as the location. The Clerk will also obtain the necessary Conservation Area works to trees form from BDC, in order to apply to fell the old tree on the green, which is in decline.
10. ECC P3 – Parish Paths Partnership
- ECC require volunteers to be part of the P3 scheme, along with the footpath cutting regime. Cllr Burlo will put a notice on the Parish Council’s website.
- Footpath Map: The Clerk will contact BDC to ascertain what printing services they could offer to the Council to reproduce the footpath map.
11. ECC Winter Salt Bag Scheme 2011/12
The application for this winter’s scheme will be completed and returned to ECC by the Clerk.
12. ECC Big Society Fund
To receive an update on possible applications to this scheme.
13.1 Finance Report
The latest finance reports were received.
13.2 The following cheques were approved for payment:
13.2.1 £400.82 Clerk Salary (Aug, Sept)
13.2.2 £ 49.35 Clerk Expenses (13 July to 13 September)
13.2.3 £ 66.00 A&J Lighting – Repair call out to light o/s Great House
13.3 Payments made between meetings:
13.3.1 £1075.01 Zurich Insurance Premium
13.3.2 £ 55.20 BDC – Election Returning Officer Fee
13.3.3 £ 40.00 RCCE Membership Annual Subscription
13.3.4 £ 10.00 BALC Annual Subscription
13.3.5 £ 23.22 A&J Lighting Monthly Fee
These were received and approved.
14. Village Sign Repairs
The repairs to the village sign were approved by the Council. Cllr Burlo will arrange for this to take place.
15. Quality Parish Council Status
The Clerk will go through the information received on what will be needed to apply for Quality Parish Council status and report back to the next meeting on how much will need to be done over and above that criteria which is already met.
16. 2013 Review of Parliamentary Constituencies
The proposed changes under this review were received, with no comments.
17. Clerk’s Report
The Clerk went through various items received.
18. Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting was agreed as Monday 21 November 2011.
The meeting closed at 9.30pm.