BT Problems..please report any faults right away

I have had a site meeting today with the BT Open Reach Area manager regarding the enormous amount of problems we have all had with our village phone lines over the past 3 weeks.  Renewal work of the Cabinet and underground cables at the top of OAK road is nearly finished.  TELNT are the contractors doing this work on behalf of BT Open Reach.  TELNT will be signing off the job in the next few days.

It is very important that you report any faults that you may have right away to BT before the contractors sign off the job so all village phone lines are in good working order before they sign off the job.

 If you do not report a fault they will not know that it is there.

Joe Burlo

Chairman

Burglary on Sun 14th Oct 07 at Oak Road

 Please be on the look out….Daytime break in  at Oak Road…see Police report below……..kindly sent in by Paula Hele, Neighbourhood Watch Co ordinator .

 A house in Oak Road was broken into yesterday, Sunday 14th October between 11.30am and 3.30pm.

Rear patio doors were completly smashed and a 50inch TV and a Blackberry Hand Held PDA/computer were taken.

 If you have any information about this incident please call the Neighbourhood Policing Team on 07855 781 608. If there is no reply pleae leave your name and number for someone to contact you back within 24 hours.

Urgent information may be given to Braintree Police Station on 01376 551 312 .

clive.stewart@essex.pnn.police.uk            

Minutes of Parish Council meeting held 23rd July 2007

Minutes of Pebmarsh Parish Council held onMonday 23 July 2007 in the village hall at 7.30 pm 

Present:          Clr J Burlo (Chairman)                      Visitors:                        Clr T Newman (Vice Chairman)      Moira Groborz, Rural Housing Enabler                        Clr S Rawlinson                                 Philip Merton, Iceni LtdClr H Anderson                                  Clr D FinchMrs J Race (Clerk)                            4 parishioners                                                                         

1.      Declarations of interest – new form completed by all councillors.  Forms to be sent by Clerk to BDC.  

2.      Apologies for absence – Clr D McGovern, A Shelton (BDC) 

3.      Minutes of meeting held on 18 June 2007 and planning meeting 18 July 2007 were circulated, read, agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman. 

4.      Matters Arising4.1.       Bank Mandate form  – signed by all Councillors4.2.       Planings at the recycling site – Chairman J Burlo arranging4.3.       Parish Council insurance premiums – Clr D Finch, ECC explained                          information due to be sent out re a County brokerage scheme out where                            Parish Councils could benefit from a 10-15% reduction.4.4.       Path leading from village hall towards the church – Chairman J Burlo explained problems and visited site with Clr D Finch, ECC.  Request made by the Councillors to level, widen and repair the path – Clr D Finch to pass on to Highways Department. 

5.      Affordable Housing   Chairman J Burlo welcomed Moira Groborz, Rural Housing Enabler and Philip Merton, Iceni Ltd to the meeting.  5.1.       Housing list indicating Pebmarsh as their choice: there are currently 25 applicants, 5 live in Pebmarsh, 3 used to live in the village, 2 need to move back for family support.  No information is available of the remaining 15 on the list.  Housing Association to re-visit interested applications.  Parish Council to look at housing list to ascertain firm Pebmarsh connections.  5.2.       Revised plan was displayed and explained by Mr Merton from Iceni Ltd.  Changes are:  No of housing 10 (not 8), increase car parking spaces to 21, lower ridge height by 2 ft to minimise visual impact on surrounding          houses,  low level lighting, minimise hard landscape to hedging, chain link fencing between properties, increase planting. The Parish Council suggested natural colour rendering of houses and natural hedging boundary around development.  M Grobortz, Enabler,  to provide information of new scheme working in East Hanningfield5.3.       106 Agreement – draft had been looked at by Councillors and passed to the Rural Enabler with suggested amendments.  Any further suggestions to be made by Parish Council as soon as possible.         General queries raised:           Would a service charge be made? – Rural Enabler to check and commented it was usually the responsibility of Housing Association that is included in the rent. Landscape and maintenance would be the responsibility of Suffolk Housing Association.       What are estimated costs of the development? – £1.1 million, and will exceed budget.        Is there to be a play area within new development? it is a requirement  of the scheme that some facilities are included.       What extent has Parish Council involvement/influence re 106 agreement?  BDC will consider Parish Council suggestions and then make final decisions on agreement.      What of full occupancy status? BDC and Suffolk housing decide and cascade down information.                        Final comments being made by the Parish Council to be taken back to Iceni architects prior to planning application being submitted to BDC, envisaged to       be submitted in a few weeks. 

6.      Finance 6.1.       Bank mandatory form signed by all Councillors 6.2.       InsuranceClr H Anderson has looked at current policy and confirmed current Public Liability and Employee covers voluntary workers/work to carry out tasks such        as grass cutting, general repair work to public areas whilst using own, hired or borrowed equipment and tools.6.3.       Financial report was circulated showing a balance of £3,977.81.  £110.45 received from ECC re verge cutting grant after June accounts completed.6.4.       Cheques approved for payment: Cheque No. 578 £48.43 Just Lamps, replacement light                    579 £165.36 e-on Energy, street lighting electricity                    580 £429.15 Mrs J Race,(Clerk’s Salary £386.25, exp £42.90 April-June)                     581 £233.97 BDC, election costs                    582 £270.00 Mark A Smith, grass cutting 20/5, 2/6, 20/6 

7.      District & County report 7.1.       District report – none7.2.       County report – Clr D Finch, ECC reported a public meeting with attendance by Chief Constable re policing in the rural areas is being arranged.  Statistics being compiled from results taken from survey conducted during the year.  County tax set lower than previous year by efficient programme to cut down on inefficiencies that saved £34 million.  £3.9 million being set aside for bridle ways and footpaths.  As Post Office closures continue ECC to consider giving  relief in some areas such as business rates.  Trading Standards have been working on weight restrictions primarily in Witham and Braintree areas.  Telephone wires being stolen for their copper value in rural areas.   Resident raised matter of road safety in the village and suggestion of Sid’s (flashing 30 mph sign) was made.  Clr D Finch mentioned there are costs involved and would find out details.   Possible funding may be available from Community Initiative, and Rural Initiative grants.   

7.3.       Planning –  none 

8.      Reports from Representatives8.1.       Street Lighting – Clr S Rawlinson reported villager (husband) has                  volunteered to repair and replace street light glass, and paint where needed        in existing colour.8.2.     Bus Shelters – Clr S Rawlinson reported persistent vandalisation of bus shelter. It was agreed to send formal letters –  Clr H Anderson to deal with.8.3.       Playing field – Clr S Rawlinson to contact Clr D McGovern re bark prices 

9.      Correspondence9.1.       Community Warden’s report – 1 litter, contact with community group, 1 public                         relations9.2.       VHMC offered to pay 1/3rd towards cost of equipment hire to carry out re-surfacing of the car park 

10. Public comments 

11. Any other business – Clr S Rawlinson asked for an additional Councillor to read CCTV footage – Clr T Newman offered and name to be added to list of authorised personnel. 

12. Date of next meeting: Monday 1 October 2007                                             

Meeting closed at 9.45 pm


 

 

Next Parish Council meeting

The next Parish council meeting will be held at The village Hall on Monday 1st October 2007 at 7.30pm.

A new planning application has been made for the Affordable Housing scheme at Water Lane. 

1.1.      Planning Application No. 07/01897/FUL Land on the east side of Water         Lane. Erection of 10 dwellings

This application will be discussed by the Parish Council at this meeting.  I have been informed by a Parishioner neighbouring the site that the time frame for receiving objections to the Application by Braintree District Council will expire sometime during the 1st week of October. Please contact Braintree District Council for more information or check their website.

Agenda for meeting is attached.

Joe Burlo

Link for next meeting agenda  agenda0110.doc

BDC Planning Applications Search Page   http://planningapp.braintree.gov.uk/WAM1/searchsubmit/performOption.do?action=search       this search function is not working on Sun 30 Sept 07

Information has been received from NW Southend that a company is
offerring free structural surveys for your home and may cold call in your
area. Their surveyor will tell you that your house is unsound and the
remedy is to have their special exterior wall coating applied. This firm is
known to Trading Standards and is currently under investtigation by DTI
Scambuster Squad. You are advised to refuse such solicited offers and NOT
sign any documentation and NOT allow salespeople in your home.
If you have any concerns about structural soundness of your home you should
contact a reputable surveyor.

A meeting of the Parish Council Planning Committee will be held on Saturday 14 July 2007 in the Village Hall Committee Room at 11.00 am

 Clerk to the Council 

1.     Application No. 07/01255/FUL Overseers Cottage, 1 Dowmans Chase – Demolition of porch and extension, erection of new two-storey extensions to side and rear

 

2.     Application No. 07/01257/FUL 14 Clay Hills – erection of rear extension, front porch and garage to rear

 

      Parishioners with a qualified interest are invited to attend.

 

Joe Burlo – Chariman

 

The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Monday 23rd July 07 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.   All parishioners are welcome to attend.

There will be a public session for questions at the end of the meeting.

Joe Burlo – Chairman