Essex County Council has been notified that BT will be carrying out repair works on BT poles and cables.
Oak Road will be closed between 9.30 am – 3.30 pm from 7 January-18 January 2008, but the road will re-open fully at the weekend. Access will be maintained for emergency service vehicles, resisdents and visitors during the road closure.
Alternative route will be via Maplestead Road, Dagworth Road and vice versa.
The Water Lane Affordable Housing Scheme was granted planning permission at the BDC planning meeting held on Wednesday evening 7th November 2007 at Causeway House Council Offices, Braintree. 16 councillors voted. 12 votes for and 2 abstentions. No members of the public chose to speak at the planning meeting.
Permission was granted for the new designs subject to several terms and conditions being met some of which were:
- Affordable Rented housing that is available to rent at an affordable rent only by an eligible person via the medium of a Registered Social Landlord and which housing remains permanently accessible for those purposes to people who for any reason can not afford to rent or purchase suitable accommodation at prevailing market prices.
- Eligible person means a person in a housing need with a Local connection.
The approved planning application now provides:
- Reduced light Pollution – No street lighting but front door lighting instead
- On site parking up from the original 17 spaces to 23 spaces.
- Play Equipment donation/contribution to the Parish/Village.
- The contractor/sub contractors to comply with the ‘Considerate Contractor Code of practice’ on construction activities within or adjoining the site.
- Maintain open spaces on the site at their expense.
Information has been received from NW Southend that a company is
offerring free structural surveys for your home and may cold call in your
area. Their surveyor will tell you that your house is unsound and the
remedy is to have their special exterior wall coating applied. This firm is
known to Trading Standards and is currently under investtigation by DTI
Scambuster Squad. You are advised to refuse such solicited offers and NOT
sign any documentation and NOT allow salespeople in your home.
If you have any concerns about structural soundness of your home you should
contact a reputable surveyor.
Tom Newman is our Parish Council’s new comunications officer and will be publishing Parish news and updates on a regular basis including dates of forthcoming Parish meetings and minutes of past meetings. We hope you will find this new service usefull. You may e mail us at: email@example.com
We hope to introduce more features to this site as the year progresses.
Joe Burlo – Chairman